[Zope] Zope and vim 6.0: netrw, explorer etc.

Gregor Hoffleit gregor@hoffleit.de
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 17:40:40 +0100

I'm trying to set up an environment where I can comfortably edit my
Zope sites using vim (6.0).

I know about ftpExplorer, and it works, but it feels like a hack: It
doesn't use the netrw.vim code, but uses its own Python code to
read/write from the ftp server, and what's more important, you have to
change ftpExplorer.py whenever you'd like to connect to another host.

OTOH, the netrw.vim code in vim 6.0 looks quite strange: It has some
limitations (e.g. regarding port numbers) and room for enhancements
(webdav support).

Furthermore, as a replacement for ftpExplorer, I would need some code to
browse ftp (http/scp) sites.

Is somebody else working on these things ? It looks like a nice project;
I'm lacking the vim programming skills, but if nobody else is working
on it, I might be forced to go on and try. OTOH, maybe it would really
make sense to enhance explorer.vim to some kind of protocoll-independent
browser for hierarchies of files.

    Gregor