[Zope] Emacs, ange-ftp, zope ftp serv, auto mode loading and font-lock-mode

Azboklin Lirik azbok@hotmail.com
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 15:42:08 -0500

>Hah, that's clever. I wonder why it doesn't work in Zope.

Thanks :)

The question of why it doesn't work is Zope is what is really killing me.
There must be something different with the zope ftp...

Here's some stuff I recently found out that helped me with ange-ftp in my
.emacs file for zope

(require 'ange-ftp)
(ange-ftp-set-user HOST USER)
(ange-ftp-set-password HOST USER PASSWORD)

All the values are double quoted and if you are using your zope ftp server
on the default port you need something like this:

(ange-ftp-set-user "localhost 8021" "azbok")
(ange-ftp-set-password "localhost 8021" "azbok" "mypass")

Then when you C-x C-f /localhost 8021:/
It will auto log you in as USER and auto send PASSWORD

azbok