[Zope] Automatically run an external method?

Karl Anderson kra@monkey.org
20 Dec 2001 16:25:59 -0800

"Bruce Eckel" <Bruce@EckelObjects.com> writes:

> Is it possible to automatically run an external method every time a
> file is saved? That is, is there some kind of file where I can say
> "when you're saved, call this method?"t

This is easy to do if you're writing the python product for the file
object.  You say "when you're saved, call this method?" for every
object - it's whatever edit method the object has!

ObjectManagers such as Folders call manage_afterAdd on the added
object after the object has been added.  If the objects don't have
this method already, a python script with this name in the folder
should get acquired and do the job.

This is only when a new object is added, however.

--
Karl Anderson      kra@monkey.org           http://www.monkey.org/~kra/