[Zope] To sotre the data in SQL or ZODB, how about user login && user preference

Terry terry@taipeitimes.com
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 18:02:53 +0800

  Dear list,

I am new to Zope solution.
Now , we are evaluate  the Zope. We are using Apache && PHP && MySQL to
publish our newpaper on website. The news content is inserted to MySQL
by a script , then confirm by secretary. We wrote a simple interface let
the colleague to do this.  In the near future we probably will set the
permission to  reporters && editors. Let them can work more closly on
website. And we are going to add more value service on this site. for
examples: the forum relate to news, talk back,
each content could have relation to each content. The news could relate
to Ad. banner, and display the picture for each news.
News  are talking about the some topic could relate to the same
discussion forum. && more ..... more

Our URL looks like.

main url:

http://www.xxxcompany.com/news
news is a PHP script , this page will produce all the link of today's
news content.

The news url:

http://www.xxxcompany/news/2001/12/21/story/0000116688

The news script will explain the rest of url to
2001-12-21 the date field in news table in our db.
story   is for different include lib file for different purpose.
0000116688 is the article id in news table.

then we can  build the web page. It's the way we are doing now.
But by thinking about  the future. We try to build a solution for more
roubst && extensible && more perple involved. Then  we  start thinking
the Zope && ZEO.

"""
Can any one suggest us any idea to move on or have any idea on the kind
of  situtation. Should I just pull all the news from DB  throw  ZODB
stored on ZEO fs.
Then define the permission for the editors && reporter. Let them could
edit && add  the new content  && images on the website, or I should
create a complicate interface to select , update && insert the data with
the db with keep tracking on different section of reporters && editors.
 Any ways can through much easier ?  ;-(

"""

Any comment , suggest , even complain my english are welcome.

Have a nice day && Merry Christmas

http://www.taipeitimes.com
terry@taipeitimes.com

Terry