[Zope] MailHost Questions

Ben Ocean zope@thewebsons.com
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 10:43:23 -0800

At 05:28 PM 12/31/01 +0000, you wrote:
> > Hi;
> > 1. After the MailHost container I call a dtml-var with a page to display
> > for the user. I would like to direct the visitor to a dtml-document in
> > another folder. Using dot notation doesn't help. How do I do this?
>
>A quick (but dirty) way to do it would be to redirect to the absolute_url
>of the
>document that you wish the users to see.
>
>context.REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect(_insert your parametes here_)

<dtml-call
"REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect('http://constructioncalc.com/<dtml-var
size>/eng/Seminars/num/<dtml-var group>')">

This (of course) doesn't work. How do I call the variables *size* and
*group* within the context of the dtml-call?

> > 2. How can I put 2 MailHost containers in one document and have 2
> different
> > emails sent out simultaneously?
>
>Have you considered using a python script to generate the two different
>e-mails
>and then sending them out from the same MailHost?

I'm trying to see how one would do that. The challenges are, there are a
bunch of variables passed to the script which need to be captured and
utilized in both emails, but some (credit card info) *cannot* be passed to
one while it *must* be passed to the other. Can you give me a rough? I can
clean it up :))

>That would solve the problem
>nicely.  There is a nice writeup about the Mail host on ZopeLabs
>(http://www.zopelabs.com), specifically, see:
>
>http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/1004481367
>
>and
>
>http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/994494801

Thanks. I need to review that whole section of their site.
TIA,
BenO