[Zope] Dtml doc or Zclass? [newbie]

Philippe J philippejadin2@swing.be
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 20:43:52 +0100

Hello,

(I'm still looking for some good docs about zope way of thinking. The zope
book is great btw)

Let's imagine I'd like to add a keywords property to every dtml documents I
have in my site. Do I need to add some "keywords" property to each dtml
document I have?

Shouldn't it be better to first create a zclass based on a dtml doc with
this property already defined (with default values for example), and use
this in place of the standard dtml docs. This may be problem as the site
would not be standard. I'd like to still have standard dtml docs with added
properties. Can I create a special management screen in order to let
managers create new docs and edit existing ones? Is it needed?

Or am I missing something with dtml-doc? It is quite important, because I
want to make the work well at the beginning, else it will be a pain to
change every doc because I didn't plan enough.

Sorry for the simple question, if anyone could answer and point me to the
right docs...

Thanks !

Philippe Jadin