[Zope] Zope+Apache+ProxyPass

Timothy Wilson wilson@visi.com
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 22:14:53 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Stephan Goeldi wrote:

> >Use rewriting rules, eg:
> >
> >     ProxyPassReverse / http://www.mysite.com:1485/
> >     RewriteEngine On
> >     RewriteLogLevel 0
> >     RewriteLog "/var/log/httpd/rewrite_log"
> >     RewriteRule ^/stat/ - [L]
> >     RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://www.mysite.com:1485/$1 [P]
> >

> What do you need ProxyPassReverse for, when you use Rewrite?

I'd like to add my confusion to the mix here. I've followed this thread, but
I haven't been able to discern the definitive answer here. Simple question
follows:

Is it possible to use ProxyPass (and thus avoiding PCGI) to serve Zope
directly from ZServer and still have Apache serve some static content for
the same host?

For example, I'd like to install webalizer on my Web server for some slick
graphs and summaries of hits, page views, etc. On a non-Zope site, you view
those web log reports by visiting http://www.foo.com/webalizer

Can I send all requests except for /webalizer to ZServer using ProxyPass?

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/