[Zope] Hiding Port Number in Zope

Paul Zwarts paul.zwarts@oratrix.com
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:12:35 +0100

Hi...

I am using MSIE 5.0 from Win2kPro... What I dont understand about all this is
how Zserver will sit alongside the webserver in tandem. Because if the
webserver runs on :80, then you cannot start zope on :80, but rather :8080.
So how do you simply access zope.somewhere.com/index_html when the zserver is
on 8080....? I know you can redirect, but this is different. Whats more,
because I hit MSIE server on 80, then pass it to zope, Zope does not get any
valid REQUEST['HTTP_REFERER'] information.....

What am I missing?

{Paz