[Zope] LocalFS -- ExtFile/ExtImage as alternative

Fred Yankowski fred@ontosys.com
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 09:19:32 -0600

ExtFile/ExtImage indeed maintains its own repository of files.  It's
geared toward managing files completely within its system, keeping
track of the file and related object wrapper from the time of
file-upload through eventual deletion of the object.

So it might _not_ suit your case if you're not eager to have ExtFile
create its own copy of each of your files.

Perhaps we could lobby the owner of ExtFile to add a mode of operation
that would allow ExtImage (or some variant) to be used more directly
as a view over a file managed outside of the ExtFile machinery.  But
it may be that this is too far removed from the intent and
architecture of ExtFile.

--
Fred Yankowski           fred@OntoSys.com      tel: +1.630.879.1312
Principal Consultant     www.OntoSys.com       fax: +1.630.879.1370