[Zope] Problem starting zope on Win98

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 16:33:40 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001 14:03:37 +0000 Ben Edwards <ben@videonetwork.org> wrote:

> I have installed zope on a 500mhz laptop with 64MB. When I run start.bat
> the server, ftp and pcgi comes up but when I type http://192.168.0.11:8080
> (my ip address:80) or http://localhost:8080 or http://green:8080 (machine
> name) I get can't find server.  Don't know if this is relevant
> but  start.bat brings up a command window, runs the python program
> (outputting host names and ports for the three 'services') and douse not
> return to the dos prompt.  I assume this is because it is not ruining in
> background in the same way it douse on NT.

Ben:

You are not alone. I had Zope work okay on a Win98 box when
I first installed it. But subsequent installs (to upgrade)
have never worked and show the symptoms you describe.

I've got a hunch that the registry needs tweaking but
I know precious little about that on NT and SFA on Win98.

Windoze gurus please help!

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
     E-mail: paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/