[Zope] Re: Zope digest, Vol 1 #1209 - 45 msgs

Andrew Williams ajwms91@hotmail.com
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 13:36:32 -0500

>From: "Peter Bengtsson" <peter@grenna.net>
>To: <lee.reilly@ntlworld.com>
>CC: <zope@zope.org>
>Subject: Re: [Zope] Re: Zope digest, Vol 1 #1209 - 45 msgs
>Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 17:48:50 -0000
>
>I never received the Digest for some strange reason, so I might be out of
>reference but...
>
>Javascript must NEVER BE NECESSARY!! What must never happen is that you are
>disabled for working properly only because a Javascript doesn't happen to
>work.

I wouldn't agree with NEVER NECESSARY... for example, I'm writing a web
application for our department.  We have standarized on IE 5.0 or higher;
The "non-compliant" browser users are few (myself included) and have
*reasonably* compliant javascript browsers.

In this case, using javascript is safe; I know my target browsers and I know
that any differences will be version levels.

Andrew Williams