[Zope] LocalFS

J M Cerqueira Esteves jmce@artenumerica.com
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 15:55:17 +0000

On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 02:57:43PM +0000, J M Cerqueira Esteves wrote:
> When  /foo/bar is a Local File System object, you may find nice help
> on it at
>
>    /foo/bar/manage_help

... however, it still states that in  manage_upload(file)  the
`file' parameter can be a string.  It can't be a string, only a
FileUpload instance (see HTTPRequest.py), but it would be nice
if it could be.

I'm having to deal with it right now, handling in a python method
a form which can be presented in two alternative modes:
- with a 'type="file"' input field for upload;
- with '<textarea >' input field for editing on the browser.
Perhaps I'll just create a small "pseudo-FileUpload" class with just the
methods used by manage_upload, for wrapping a string with the desired
file contents...

--
 jmce: +351 919838775 ~ http://artenumerica.com/ ~ http://artenumerica.org/