[Zope] Namespace questions

John R. Daily jdaily@progeny.com
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 13:27:40 -0500

I suspect I'm merely being dense, but I'm struggling to understand how
Python scripts and DTML documents deal with the Zope namespace.

As an example, assume that I've defined a /lib/foo/bar Python script,
and in /tests/foo/lib/test1 I define a Python script that tests the
functionality in /lib/foo/bar.

container.lib.foo.bar works from test1 in other paths, but once 'lib'
pops up in the local environment, things seem to break down.

I've tried getPhysicalRoot(), but that doesn't seem to be defined in
container or context.

Can someone point me to a document explaining how to resolve these
problems? Ideally, I'd like to also find out any best practices on
organizing the Zope namespace.

Thanks in advance.

John R. Daily                                        jdaily@progeny.com
Systems Programmer                                Progeny Linux Systems
		  Master of the ephemeral epiphany