[Zope] Squishdot Upgrade problems

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 20:17:59 +0000

"Cornelis J. de Brabander" wrote:

> I am searching for an easy way to upgrade some thirty squishdot sites from
> version 0.3.2 to 0.7.3. The reason behind all this is that I want to migrate
> an existing site frome Zope 2.1.6. to Zope 2.2.2.

Hmmm, any particular reason for 2.2.2? Personally, I'd wait for Zope 2.3.1 and
go for that instead.
With this number of sites, it might be worth writing an external method to do
the upgrading for you.
Looks to the updateIndexing method of the SquishSite class around line 370 in
Squishdot.py
You may also want to include the stuff off the 'Upgrading' page on
Squishdot.org. I think it's linked off the front page but I'm working off line
so I can't be sure right now :-S

> I exported my site from
> 2.1.6 and imported it in 2.2.2. Then, I tried to be clever and copied all
> items in the root folder of a newly installed squisdot site (with version
> 0.7.3) to replace the content of an old 0.3.2-site (residing now in my new
> Zope install 2.2.2.).

This is probably a good idea, but you need to get that 'update indexing' button
to work first ;-)

> Recataloging gives an AttributeError (_catalog) with the following

Well, as you'll see from reading the updateIndexing method, one of the first
things it does is create that attribute...

> Update indexing did not work out eather. The first time Zope complained
> about the Vocabulary being already in use

Now, this I couldn't figure out at first. BUT, you said you'd copied the stuff
from a new Squishdot site, which would have, of course, included the vocabulary,
so deleting that copied vocabulary would be a necessary step to get the upgrade
to work.

> and after deleting the vocabulary
> I got a KeyError (__cmp__)

Yeah, sorry, this is a bug that slipped out in 0.7.3 :-( It's fixed in the
Squishdot CVS and I'm hoping to release Squishdot 1.0.0 as soon as time will
allow. If enough people badger me or Squishdot 1.0.0 seems to far off, I can
make an interim release to solve the problem.

Let me know if you have any further problems,

cheers,

Chris