[Zope] How to properly do navigation Bar without un-authorized sub-objects?

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 10:57:41 -0500

On 27 Feb 2001, at 8:46, Casey Duncan wrote:

> Brad Clements wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> > To avoid a recursive loop resolving DrawNavBar, I use aq_explicit, like
> > this:
> >
> > <dtml-try>
> > <dtml-var "_.getattr(PARENTS[-1].Z.Admin.aq_explicit,'ShowNavBar')(_.None,_)">
> > <dtml-except AttributeError>
> > </dtml-try>
> >
> > The problem with this is that I get a login prompt from LoginManager if I'm
> > anonymous..
> >
> [snip]
>
> Did you try setting a proxy role on the ShowNavBar method that can
> execute this?

No.. I don't want it to show if the logged in user doesn't have rights to it.

I want a way to see, in DTML (or an external method), if the current user
has rights to an object.. if they have rights, does the object exist.

If they don't have rights, it's okay to raise an exception (AttributeError)
which I can catch. But I don't want the SecurityManager to try to
authenticate our access to it..

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements