[Zope] only know HTML; how easy to learn Zope?

Peter Bengtsson peter@grenna.net
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:12:33 -0000

I've got a few books now about Python. The best one is definitly
"The Quick Python Book" for beginners.
It helps to know some programming, but the english in this book is really
really good.
The guys Daryl Harms and Kenneth McDonald know not only Python but how to
express themselfs in a good fluent and easy english.
Despite the "ease" of this book, it doesn't make you feel silly like the
"...for dummies".
ISBN 1-884777-74-0
For juicy content, the Python Essential Reference is good and I am not alone
to think so apparently.
ISBN 0-7357-0901-7

No, PHP is not easier. Well it is in a sense compared to ASP for example.
PHP people tend to fins Zope too difficult, but that is just because there
used to the "baby approach" of PHP.
Print out the Learning Zope book and read it. Page by page.
But do this at the same time as you learn python and it will be easier to
understand DTML (which you'll find yourself in front of a lot in the future)

Good luck!!