[Zope] How to properly do navigation Bar without un-authorized sub-objects?

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 18:40:27 +0100

Hi,

--On Dienstag, 27. Februar 2001 11:29 -0500 Brad Clements
<bkc@murkworks.com> wrote:

> On 27 Feb 2001, at 9:15, Casey Duncan wrote:
>
>> OK, how about if you call AUTHENTICATED_USER.has_permission() on each
>> NavBar method to see if the user has rights to call it?
>
> That does not work either. When I get the object to pass to
> has_permission, authentication kicks in.
>
> Here's what I'm doing
>

> /
>   Z (folder)
>       ShowNavBar Method
>
>        Admin (folder)   (No rights to this folder)
>           ShowNavBar Method
>

> I need to know if the authenticated user (who may be anonymous) has
> rights to view Admin and/or Admin.ShowNavBar

I'm using something like that in my folderish product:

checkPermission=getSecurityManager().checkPermission
        for obj in self.objectValues(spec):
            if checkPermission('View',obj):

HTH
Tino Wildenhain