[Zope] Calling __call__ from an External Method

Sebastien Nameche snameche@virtual-net.fr
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 20:19:48 +0100

All,

Help needed : I want to use an external method to generate a DTML
Document in SYLK format. My goal is to permit this :

  http://my.virtual-net.fr:8080/test/doc

will render the DTML Document "doc" in HTML and

  http://my.virtual-net.fr:8080/test/doc/view_sylk

will send the document roughly converted in SYLK.

For doing that, I have created a ZClass with "OFS: DTML Document" as
base class and added an External Method to this class.

I have written (using sgmllib) a very simple parser that converts HTML
to SYLK.

The problem is that I don't know how to render the DTML source of my
document into HTML before converting it into SYLK. I have tried to use
"__call__" method in various ways but couldn't find the correct
syntax/parameters/namespace to use.

Thanks for any help,

--=20
S. Nam=E8che  (snameche@virtual-net.fr)
Soci=E9t=E9 Virtual Net

 Immeuble Gallium                                 T=E9l. +33 2 2321 0630
 80, avenue des Buttes de Co=EBsmes                 Fax. +33 2 9938 1685
 35700 Rennes - France                            Mob. +33 6 1670 2998

--
"It's easy to stop making mistakes, just stop having ideas."