[Zope] How do I check for existence of a page?

Joel Burton jburton@scw.org
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 19:07:01 -0500

We have our staff listed under /staff, so that you might find me as
/staff?staffname=joel

I'd like the return page from this method to check if I have a
homepage on the site, and if so, provide a link. Right now, I'm doing
this as:

<dtml-in "PARENTS[1].home.objectIds(['Folder'])">
  <dtml-if "_['sequence-item']==staffname">
  </dtml-if>
</dtml-in>

(cycle through folders under the '/home' directory, check the seq-id
against my name, and if so, generate a link.)

Is there a cleaner way to do this?

Thanks!
--
Joel Burton, Director of Information Systems -*- jburton@scw.org