[Zope] Re: zope & backup

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 12:03:52 +0100

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 06:15:28PM -0500, Turgut Durduran wrote:
> I saw your posting in a mailing list about Zope.
>
> I am extremely unfamiliar with Zope. However, my site admins upgraded
> Zope on their site and I lost all my data. They made a copy of the old
> files and old Data*.fs etc. However, they can't figure out how to restore
> those to something 'readable'.
>
> Is there a way to do that?

Hi Turgut,

You can best ask this question on the Zope Mailinglists, not to an
individual. It could well be that I don't have time, or knowledge to help
you, but the mailinglists ae read by people from all around the world, 24
hours a day.

I sent a copy of this mail to the zope@zope.org list, and I urge you to
post any follow-ups to that list.

To quickly answer your question: all you need to get your site running
again are the Data.fs file (just that one file), and any extra Products
and External Methods you have. You may run into problems with an upgraded
Zope though, depending on the Products you use and the Zope versions you
are upgreading from and to.

Hope this helps!

--
Martijn Pieters