[Zope-dev] RE: [Zope] Zope Good/Bad News Article

Oliver Bleutgen Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 12:19:33 +0100

> One idea we've kicked around is to make the eventual
> "components area" on zope.org such that component users
> can provide some +1 -1 type feedback that is incorporated
> into the way that components are listed on the site. This
> would let the most popular / best components appear at
> the top of listings etc.

Have you had a look at http://www.php.net ?
They have a "PHP Annotated Manual" (right under Documentation)
where users can add comments to the pages.
I always found this very helpful, but it may be too much
work for DC to read over every comment (php's annotations
are moderated).
Perhaps just allowing members of zope.org for the comments
and/or letting the maintainer of the product moderate it
might solve that.
This might be a nice suggestion to the rating system and
could all be made configurable by the product maintainer.

cheers,
oliver