[Zope] User home directories

Phil Harris phil.harris@zope.co.uk
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:35:37 +0000

Joel,

I apologize if I'm wrong here, but I'm not sure you understood the suggestion
correctly.

In Zope it is possible to give a user object a normal role for most of the
site but give them a 'local' role for one particular part.

I've created a few sites where people have local management roles and not one
of the users has a role of Manager associated.

This is accomplished by the API call:

manage_addLocalRoles(userid, roles, [REQUEST])
  Set local roles for a user

This is taken from the excellent Zope Quick Reference (which sadly is
slightly out of date, but still a good reference).

So the basic logic is:

1.	Create user
2.	Create home folder
3.	manage_addLocalRoles onto the new folder.

and not a Manager in site ;)

hth

Phil
phil.harris@zope.co.uk