[Zope] Zope messed up

Edwin Martin e.j.martin@chello.nl
Wed, 07 Feb 2001 17:18:26 +0100

Roberto Lupi suggested:

> > Please: how can I delete something from the Zope database
> > with defunct Zope management forms??
>
>Have you tried to shutdown Zope thru the Medusa monitor service?

I did stop en restart Zope, without success.

Here is the problem again, refrased:

We have a website running with Zope. We tried to install a package,
but somehow, we installed string.py and split2.py in /usr/lib/zope
and in a products directory.

They are both registered in the root of Zope management as
external methods.

Probable due to these string.py and split2.py, we are unable to
submit HTML-forms. Not in the Zope management pages and not
in our own forms. We cannot change our website anymore!

We deleted string.py and split2.py from the harddisk, but they
are still registered in Zope as external methods.

We also upgraded from 2.1.6 to 2.2.4 (under Debian), to no avail.

How do we get rid of the external methods? How can we solve
this problem? We still cannot change our website.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edwin Martin.