[Zope] Displaying something based on role doesn't work properly

Alexander Limi alexander@limi.net
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 17:29:37 +0100

Hi,

I'm running LoginManager with cookie-based authentication on my site,
and I use the following piece of dtml to show a particular menu in the
header of a page if a user has a particular role:

<dtml-if "AUTHENTICATED_USER.has_role(['SomeRole'])">
[menu]
</dtml-if>

It works fine, except for one document: standard_html_header. When I try
to access a page on my site that doesn't exist, the menu is not shown in
the header anymore. This is not the way I want it.

I thought this may be because it was a publicly viewable document, and
required no authentication, but all of my other publicly available
documents preserve the menu just fine.

Any suggestions to what I'm doing wrong or not taking into
consideration?

Thanks in advance,

Alexander.