Re[2]: [Zope] Virtual Host Monster problems

John Morton John Morton <jwm@plain.co.nz>
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 18:52:38 +1300 (NZDT)

On Wed, 07 Feb 2001 14:31:59 +0000 Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com> wrote:

> John Morton wrote:
> >=20
> > virtual setup, where as the problem one started out as a SiteRoot name
> > virtual setup and is being converted to use the Virtual Host Monster
> > method.
> >=20
> > So, has anyone encountered this problem before?
>=20
> Yeah, we had some very weird sh*t happening when doing the same sort of t=
hing;
> upgrading a data.fs that used to use SiteAccess to Zope 2.3

I double checked my setup at home and discovered that it wasn't working
properly either, but as I was proxying the root of the zope install, had
access to the zserver anyway, and was using the management interface (so
the initial URL stayed in the location field all the time) I just didn't no=
tice.

> Write down exactly what happened and stick it in the collector:
>=20
> http://classic.zope.org:8080/Collector/

I'm using the separate product with 2.2.5 - are they acutally the same
versions?

John