[Zope] Troubleshooting Zope Server Failure

paul_s_johnson@urscorp.com paul_s_johnson@urscorp.com
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 08:49:30 -0600

I am running Zope as a CGI process behind Apache on Linux and from time to
time my Zope process is going down (Apache remains up).  Where do I begin
to track the source of the problem down? Since I am not in the driver's
seat when it goes down I don't even know what the symptoms are - help!

Also a Linux friend (I am a Linux newbie) told me about a program called
inittab that can monitor processes and respawn a process if it goes down.
Does anyone have an example script of how I might set this up to monitor
and respawn my Zope.cgi process? What are the ins and outs of such a
solution? Can I set it up to page me (sent via email) if the process is
respawned? Any tips greatly appreciated.

P. Johnson