[Zope] Java applet naming problem

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 20:46:03 +0100 (CET)

Geoffrey L. Wright writes:
 > I need to set up a Java applet to work w/Zope.  Normally no big deal,
 > but this one (IPIX) happens to include a file named "ipix$.class".  I
 > don't have access to the source, so I can't do anything about the
 > unfortunate inclusion of the $ in the file name.  What's the best
 > solution to this situation?  Write an external method that called the
 > applet and then call the external method?
Someone else already suggested to put the class into a "jar" archive.
Do that if you can.

If not and you are using Zope 2.3, then you can look at
PythonScript. It allows you to intercept subpaths,
analyse them and do something sensefull with them.
In your case, they could translate '$' into '_' and access
the object in a nearby folder.

Dieter