[Zope] HELP! I Can't Add Users!!!

Farrell, Troy troy.farrell@wilcom.com
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 10:56:45 -0600

Frankly, I don't know what the owner group is for.  As for the restart
issue, that, we can trouble shoot.  Why does it need to be restarted?  What
platform are you on?  What are the flags you are passing to the z2.py start
up script in the start/start.bat script?  What is the weather like in
Timbukto (hot,dry and windy))?

Troy

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Ocean [mailto:beno@thewebsons.com]
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2001 10:49 AM
To: Farrell, Troy
Subject: RE: [Zope] HELP! I Can't Add Users!!!

Thanks, Troy. You pointed out I have to add a user as *manager*. I did and
it worked :) I had done this successfully before as well. But don't I want
to add an owner? Or is that function reserved solely for superuser and is
what is meant by superuser? If so, I presume I can add owners for folders I
create but not for the root, correct? Also, why does my Zope always have to
be restarted every few hours?
TIA,
BenO