[Zope] Newbie needs help with permissions/authorization system

Nicolas Chauvat Nicolas.Chauvat@logilab.fr
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 18:25:40 +0100 (CET)

Hi list,

I'm a Zope newbie that has to maintain an existing setup.

I have a base class BaseClass, and a derived class DeriveClass (supposed
to be a generic registration system, I edited the names). That's a simple
registration system that stores form info into Zope objects that can later
be viewed using a DTML method.

The process is divided in three steps:

DeriveClass_factory branches to DeriveClass_form method that displays the
form. Posting the form starts the DeriveClass_add method that creates the
DeriveClass object that has a set of RegisterInfo properties.

My problem is that everything works fine when I'm logged as a manager but
DeriveClass_add asks for login/password when I'm an anonymous user.

If I click on "Cancel", the _add method fails on manage_editProperties()

=2E..
File /usr/local/Zope-2.2.1-src/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_With.py,
line 146, in render
(Object: DeriveClass.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'],REQUEST))
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.2.1-src/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Util.py,
line 337, in eval
    (Object: propertysheets.RegisterInfo.manage_editProperties(REQUEST))
    (Info: REQUEST)                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File <string>, line 0, in ?             *** HERE ****
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.2.1-src/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Util.py,
line 140, in careful_getattr
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.2.1-src/lib/python/OFS/DTMLMethod.py, line 194,
in validate
    (Object: DeriveClass_add)
  File
/usr/local/Zope-2.2.1-src/lib/python/AccessControl/SecurityManager.py,
line 139, in validate
  File
/usr/local/Zope-2.2.1-src/lib/python/AccessControl/ZopeSecurityPolicy.py,
line 209, in validate
Unauthorized: (see above)

I've been running around the source/repository checking permissions,
security, etc. for hours and I can't figure out what's wrong with it.

Any help would be appreciated, feel free to flame me (and help
me!) off-list if that's a FAQ (I didn't find anything in the archive).

TIA,

--=20
Nicolas Chauvat

http://www.logilab.com - "Mais o=F9 est donc Ornicar ?" - LOGILAB, Paris (F=