[Zope] Newbie needs help with permissions/authorization syste m

Farrell, Troy troy.farrell@wilcom.com
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 12:55:45 -0600

In the interest of time, I won't try this one in French :)

Hmmm.  A key error in a ZClass.  This reminds me of some of the =
difficulties
of ZSQL methods in ZClasses: not having a connection in the ZClass so =
we
can't add a method.  Try adding a Mail Host in the methods of =
DerivedClass.
If that works, then we need to make sure that anonymous users have =
access to
the MailHost object either directly in the ZClass or by way of =
acquision.
I'm about to exhaust my knowledge of ZClasses, so someone who knows =
more can
feel free to add info here.

Troy

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicolas Chauvat [mailto:Nicolas.Chauvat@logilab.fr]
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2001 12:38 PM
To: Farrell, Troy
Subject: RE: [Zope] Newbie needs help with permissions/authorization
syste m

> Pardon je tandis que je pratique mes mauvais Fran=E7ais:

You're doing good :-) Need some practice, but I understood what you =
said.

> Where is this "folder"?  If it is at /folder/IWannaPutMyZClassHere, =
you
are
> looking for the "Security" tab inside /folder

I was unclear, but this is the folder I was talking about. Adding the
Manage properties worked, but now I get a "KeyError" for MailHost, =
whereas
another Product/Zclass uses it without any problem.

> Also, I don't think it's possible to transform a ZClass into python.  =

> You must rewrite the code.

Sad.

Thank you very much for your help, you're about to save my day... if =
you
could just get me thru with that MailHost thing...

--=20
Nicolas Chauvat

http://www.logilab.com - "Mais o=F9 est donc Ornicar ?" - LOGILAB, =
Paris