[Zope] Zope 2.3 kills Netscape 4.74

Geoffrey L. Wright gwright@integritysi.com
12 Feb 2001 10:21:07 -0900

"Kit O'Connell" <kito@clearcommerce.com> writes:

> Possibly not the answer you were looking for, but I have had better luck
> with Netscape 6 under Linux -- it seems pretty stable when working with
> Zope, and better supports Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
>
> OTOH, it seems to die whenever I visit an SSL page. :P

Do yourself an enormous favor and go grab a newer mozilla.  It's
light-years ahead of what AOL releases as NS6.0 -- faster, ligher and
_much_ more stable ... at least on Linux.  I'm using 0.7 right now,
although I think that my old MP18 nightly was actually a bit better.

Plus the RPM I grabbed for RH7.0 has the SSL stuff built right in.
(You have to grap it seperately for NS6.)

I'm told (but haven't tried this out) that the Windows build is also
much improved.

Also, 0.8 is due out this week...

> --
> Kit O'Connell
> kito@clearcommerce.com
> 'yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skilfully curled) all worlds' -
> e.e. cummings

//glw