[Zope] Should I switch to Python 1.5.2?

Curtis Maloney curtis@cardgate.net
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 09:25:49 +1100

On Saturday 10 February 2001 04:32, Kyler B. Laird wrote:
> I've been using Python 2.0 with Zope 2.3.0.
> It generally works well, but lately I've
> run into problems using string.split() and
> now I notice that httplib encounters a
> similar ("loop over non-sequence") problem.

I do recall one of the warnings on Python 2.0 is that it is less tolerant
(esp in the socket libs) of not properly wrapping lists.  In some cases you
could pass  func( foo, bar )  when it should have been  func( (foo, bar) ).
Perhaps you should check if this is the case for the line causing errors,
because that is the error you would be likely to see.

> So...before I try beating 1.5.2 into
> submission under Solaris, I want to know if
> there's an update of Zope in the near
> future that fixes the Python 2.0
> compatibilities.

Very odd.  I had no problems compiling Python 1.5.2 under Solaris 2.7.
However, I never used a python script to build it.  Just "configure" (with
some switches), and "make".

> Thank you.
>
> --kyler

Have a better one,