[Zope] Problem w/ MySQL aggregate functions

Dwayne Morrison dcmorrison@tidewater.net
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:05:12 -0500

Hi,

I upgraded to Zope 2.3.0 and am having problems with SQL aggregate functions.

Solaris 2.7
Zope 2.3.0
Python 2.0
MySQL-python-0.3.2
ZMySQLDA-2.0.4

After upgrading to 2.3.0, I upgraded to Python 2.0 to get rid of the int
vs. long issue which caused all int column values to have an 'L' appended
to them. Standard queries now work fine, but any SQL aggregate functions
(i.e., sum,count,min,max,avg) return a 500 error.  No hints printed to the
console and nothing in the log. Aggregate functions work fine at the Python
command line (import _mysql, etc.). I traced a query from through ZMySQLDA
and it appears to be returning the correct result.  In Connection.py, I
traced the manage_test method through to the end and things seem to go bad
at this statement:

    report=apply(report,(self,REQUEST),{self.id:result})

Can anyone help me figure out how to go about debugging this?

Thanks,

Dwayne Morrison
dcmorrison@tidewater.net