[Zope] FW: Connecting to MySQL

Donald Braman donald.braman@yale.edu
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 22:06:33 -0500

Andy Dustman helped me see the error of my (non mysqldev installed) ways.
Thanks! -Don

-----Original Message-----
From: Donald Braman [mailto:donald.braman@yale.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 7:56 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: Connecting to MySQL

I'm finding it difficult to put all the pieces together to MySQL enable
Zope. I know I need MySQL-python-0.3.x and the ZMySQLDA ... and that to
install those I need distutils ... but I'm running MySQL 3.23.33 on RedHat
7.0 and the distutils setup.py is conking out (I think) because all the
directories are different. Is there an easier way? If not, can someone hold
my hand a bit and tell me what files/directories I need to specify in the
setup.py. I'm fairly new (two days with) Zope, (one day with) MySQL, and
Python. -Don