[Zope] Displaying something based on role doesn't work properly

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 20:32:44 +0100 (CET)

Alexander Limi writes:
 > > Alexander Limi writes:
 > >  > ....
 > >  > AUTHENTICATED_USER.has_role(['Member','Artist','Manager'])
 > >  > works fine except for standard_error_message.
 > >
 > > "standard_error_message" is probably not designed to be viewed
 > > directly.
 >
 > I'm not viewing it directly either. I'm accessing an URL that doesn't
 > exist.
 >
 > > On the other hand, if it is called for a "Resource Not Found",
 > > then Zope has not yet made the authentication.
 > > This happens only after URL traversal succeeded.
 >
 > So how can I get it working then? It works perfectly on Zope.org (My
 > "logged in" menus do not disappear just because I try to get a document
 > that isn't there).
You will not get it for the "Resource not found"
as Zope did not yet perform authentication.

However, afterwards, when you access a different page, it should
come up again.

Only, if you access a page you do not authorized to access,
your browser may decide no longer to send the (failed)
authentication information to the server.

Dieter