[Zope] VirtualHostMonster and URLs from ZCatalog

Anselm Lingnau lingnau@tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
15 Feb 2001 16:23:57 GMT

I'm using VirtualHostMonster to map URLs like
»http://www.strathspey.org/foo« to
»http://www.our-isp.org:8080/strathspey/foo«. This works fine. Now I
have started using a ZCatalog to index the DTML documents on my server,
section of the »Advanced ZCatalog Searching« how-to, by passing a
suitable expression to the catalog object.

However, the URLs in my result list (obtained via
»catalog.getpath(data_record_id_)«) are all of the form
in the middle). What am I doing wrong? My Apache configuration contains
the canonical rewriting rules

  ProxyPass / http://www.our-isp.org:8080/VirtualHostBase/
         http/www.strathspey.org:80/strathspey/VirtualHostRoot/
  ProxyPassReverse / http://www.our-isp.org:8080/VirtualHostBase/
         http/www.strathspey.org:80/strathspey/VirtualHostRoot/
  ProxyPass /misc_ http://www.our-isp.org:8080/misc_
  ProxyPass /p_ http://www.our-isp.org:8080/p_

(linebreaks for convenience) and these work fine otherwise. The
VHM resides in the root folder of my Zope 2.3.0 instance at
www.our-isp.org:8080.

Anselm
Was it worth it to go from a competant hacker at a small university to a Unix
god at a multinational corp? No. [...] They'll tell you you're great and pay
you big bucks, but they won't let you hack.                     -- Jeff Stehman