[Zope] Newcomer

Bob Gailer ramrom@earthling.net
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:36:22 -0700

I am new to Zope and these lists. So I hope to learn where to post things,
and how to avoid posting questions already asked.

What I am most interested in knowing:

Is there support for pages with (the equivalent of) applets or java swing
controls? In other words, a page with controls that can be dynamically
updated without resending the entire page?

Is there support for including python code in a page that will be run on the
browser (akin to javascript)?

I understand that session support is coming. How soon?

I created an ODBC connection to Visual FoxPro tables. Once I run zsql the
tables are locked until I shut the Zope server down. Is there a way to share
the tables and/or release them?

Where does one post enhancement requests?

Is there a way to search the archives for a topic. The only archive display
I found was by date, and it seems that would require a lot of digging to
find something.

Bob Gailer
mailto:ramrom@earthling.net
303-442-2625