[Zope] Re: problems with ftp and 2.3.0

Oliver Frommel oliver@aec.at
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 10:34:49 +0100 (CET)

answering my own mail for further investigation .. :)

> there seems to be a problem with FTP in Zope 2.3.0 (on Linux Redhat 6.0).
> I can list the contents of the root dir (however the Zope console shows
> an error "PROBLEM(100) ZServer unhandled connect event").
> If I want to change to certain subdirs I get "550 No such directory", if I try
> to list their contents the error message is "550 Could not list directory".
> These subdirs are just regular Folders but one of them contains custom ZClass
> instances while the other contains DTML Documents/Methods, Images, External
> Methods, a User DB, a Catalog, a MailHost and a MySQL DB Conn and a LocalFS
> (already patched) so i guess it _should_ be listable, right?
> Of course both Folders are listable in the HTML management interface.
> Other Folders in the root dir are listable too.

I found the problem - it is the UserDB which doesn't seem to support FTP.
On the other hand, I log in to the site root as 'manager', a user having
the Manager role, defined in the root User folder. The UserDB in the subdir
doesn't have a 'manager' user. Isn't authentication supposed to acquire from
the parent then??

thanks
--Oliver