[Zope] making zope talk to mysql

Joe Hewitt joe@apollo.wuacc.edu
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 16:21:11 -0600

I' ve been using zope for a while, but the single greatest frustration is
installing new zope servers with mysql support.  I've written to Andy
Dustman, maintainer of MySQLdb and ZMySQLDA, who was kind enough to provide
the usual boilerplate answers which will not work.

So I'm back on the zope list asking about success stories.

As everyone knows there are at least two different mysql modules.  My last
linux success was with MySQLdb-0.1.1 and ZMySQLDA-1.1.3 on Zope 2.1.2 and
it's working okay.  I've installed the DA on a windows machine successfully.
I need to be able to install the latest versions of MySQL, Zope, Python,
MySQLdb, and ZMySQLDA.

The zope website has a couple of write-ups.  I believe that I used the one
written by alanpog to perform my last success.

If  you have installed the most recent zope with mysql support using python
2.0  on a mandrake 7.2 box in the past few weeks, I want to know how you did.

I'm poor, but am reluctantly willing to pay a few bucks to the first couple
of answers that work for me.

Of course, all ideas will be tried; good ones will be rewarded.  I'm tired of
reintalling these products.

Thanks,

Joe Hewitt