[Zope] Including remote html-pages on a Zope server (with extracting of the title and body of the remote page)

Pieter Biemond biemond@mxi.nl
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 10:45:43 +0100

Hello,

I'm currently trying to setup a Zope server within our company. Our current
intranet is based on a static Apache server, and frames are used for
navigation. I would like to get rid of the frames and convert them to
HTML-tables. Because I first need to show the concept, and get the new
server up and running, I need a script which can insert the contents of an
external HTML-page (our old server) into a cell of the table if there is no
corresponding file on the Zope-server.

Examples:
http://zope.foo.org/ (the new zope server)
http://zope.foo.org/somepage_html (a DTML-file on the zope server, no
external HTML-page needed)

http://zope.foo.org/apachedoc.html (a file which doesn't exist on the Zope
server, but which does exist on http://oldserver.foo.org/apachedoc.html. The
Zope-server should retrieve http://oldserver.foo.org/apachedoc.html (using
httplib) and should put the body of the file in a HTML-cell.

I found a very usefull Howto at http://www.zope.org/Members/cba/Get_External
("How-To: Including the contents of an external HTML page") and tried to get
my script working by using the standard_error_message (Yes, I know it's
uggly).

Questions:
a) has anybody done something like this before?
b) is there a neat solution for inserting a Python/DTML-script before
standard_error_message gets executed?
c) if I got the script working I would like to extract the title and body
out of the remote page. I found an XML-suite, http://www.4suite.org/, but I
doubt how it will work with non-valid HTML-pages (which unfortuately exist
on our old server). Does anybody got some pieces of Python/DTML for this
job? I'm fairly new with Zope/Python/DTML so any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Pieter Biemond