[Zope] Zope on an IBM S/390

Ronald L. Roeber rroeber1@unl.edu
19 Feb 2001 22:26:54 -0600

Maybe others have done this but in case not, I have Zope (2.3) running
on a linux virtual machine on an IBM System 390. It installed and
started okay. The only product I've installed as of tonight is the
latest PTK. I've been told that this is only a test environment and that
it can go up and down at the pleasure of the system managers.

I was wondering if anyone had something that they thought should be
tested in this environment, something that would be beneficial to the
Zope cause. Perhaps some load testing or performance measures that might
be of use to the Zope community. If Zope could benefit, I'd be glad to
let someone run some tests.

Who knows, it may be doggier than some hot multi-processor Intel
box...it did compile fast though.

Ronald L. Roeber
University of Nebraska
rroeber1@unl.edu