[Zope] Zope on an IBM S/390

Philipp Auersperg zope@philosoft.at
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 03:41:34 +0100

Yipeee!

What  wonderful news!
We are currently developing an ecommerce solution with Zope and
one (favorite) possible platform is Linux/390.

The next big question is support for relational databases, in our project=
 we
need a high scalable transactional RDBMS, and we consider
DB2 and Oracle, but I think (and IBM recommends, of course) DB2 will be the
first choice.

Unfortunately there exists no DB2 DA for Zope, but as I posted few days ago=
 it should be
affordable to implement one since there exists a DB API 2.0 compliant=
 Python driver for
DB2. Currently we eveluate the effort to implement this Database Adapter.

Let's see if there is anybody else interested in this platform,=
 unfortunately DC
 (I asked them some weeks ago) does not have experiences with S/390 to give=
 us
support .

Last but not least - wouldn't it be fine to run a Zope zServer on an IBM=
 zServer ?

Do you have any RDBMS running on your system?

Let's come into contact for further operation...

Philipp Auersperg
phil@bluedynamics.com