[Zope] Something missing in Python Methods

Curtis Maloney curtis@cardgate.net
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 16:34:42 +1100

Greetings

Yeh, yeh.. I know.. I should be using Python Scripts, or whatever... but for
various reasons, I'm still using 2.1.6...

What I want to know is, why can't Python Methods refer to anything not
explicitly passed to them?  I don't want to have to make everything that
invokes the method have to know to pass it half a dozen objects.

Isn't the idea of a method to be executed in the namespace of it's parent?  I
want my method to be able to access objects in it's own folder...

What am I missing?

Curtis