[Zope] standard_error_message woes!

John Chandler johnc@nipltd.com
Tue, 02 Jan 2001 10:53:31 +0000 (GMT)

Just catching up on my mail...

> Gaaah!  I'm totally miffed/pissed/confused/sad about this.
>
> I have Zope 2.2.4, and if I go to:
> http://docwhat.gerf.org:9673/fish  (an non-existant object)
> I get the HTTPResponse.py _error_html() function as called by
> notFoundError().

As already mentioned, not all errors (unfortunately) get handled by
standard_error_message - authorisation being the main culprit. In addition, if
an error occurs in a standard_error_message it'll also cause the plain, default
error page to be displayed.

Looks like you're handling a 404 (Not Found) so I'd advise checking your custom
page is correct first as an error there could be causing the custom error
message to be superceded.

All good fun :-/

Hope that's a useful starter...

John

--
 John Chandler  /  Software Developer  /  New Information Paradigms Ltd
   [ Linux in the office, AmigaOS in the home, PalmOS in the pocket ]