[Zope] Advice on searching/indexing Word documents?

Bowyer, Alex BowyerA@logica.com
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 09:44:39 +1100

Our company has a repository of staff CVs (Resumes) as Word Documents and I
am about to embark on creating a new feature for our Zope Intranet to allow
project managers to search those documents for keywords such as particular
skills or projects.

I am thinking about several possibilities such as a skills/CVs database
linked in via ODBC, or some task that converts the Word documents to text
files which can then be searched by Zope (I think Zope can do this, and I
assume it can't search Word format directly?).

Has anyone ever approached a similar problem, does anyone have any tips on
how to index/search a load of documents in Zope?

Any tips/suggestions/comments would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Alex

Alex Bowyer
IT Consultant, Logica Australasia