[Zope] Core Session Tracking kudos & namespaces

Bob Sidebotham bob_sidebotham@yahoo.com
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 19:13:29 -0800 (PST)

1. The Core Session Tracking looks like it will be really helpful. I AM
BLOWN AWAY BY THE QUALITY OF THE DOCUMENTATION. Congratulations for
making really readable, easy to use installation and use instructions.
Part of the reason I'm so blown away, of course, is that the quality of
this documentation is so very much superior to most of the existing
documentation. The author obviously put himself in the position of
someone who didn't know anything about the topic, and wrote the
documentation to satisfy this person (i.e. me). Thanks!

2. Question. The interface to the session data object, requiring
set/get calls to get key/value pairs seems a little inconsistent with
the very simple existing interfaces for other zope namespaces. As a
newbie, I admit to being very confused about namespaces in zope, and
the GOOD THING about the core session tracking is that it is very clear
that you're accessing a variable from that scope. There's no way you
can accidently acquire something else. On the other hand, the ability
to access the session variables with simple variable references seems
like it would be a win (especially if they were safely qualified by the
session object). I really just want to do something like
"SESSION.varname". Is this something that can be wrapped on top of the
existing interface?

Bob Sidebotham
bob_sidebotham@yahoo.com