[Zope] dtml-in: total??

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 11:16:16 +0100 (CET)

Edwin Martin writes:
 > I'm making a generic DTML-method which shows a bar like
 > AltaVista does:
 >
 > [ < previous] [1] [2] [3] [4] [next > ]
 >
 > I need to know the number of rows the database returned.
 >
 > In appendix A of the Zope book, I see I can use total-name etc.
 >
 > How can I get the total number of rows, independent of
 > column names?
 >
 > Can I do it without rewriting the SQL-queries?
You can.

It is even prepared for you:

  "dtml-in" defines variables "previous-batches" and
  "next-batches" describing all previous and following
  batches.

It you do not like this prepared solution, you
can use "sequence-length", another "dtml-in" defined
variable, to access the length of the sequence.

Dieter