[Zope] Question: How to generate a core file in Solaris 2.6

Michael Best mbest@emergence.com
Wed, 03 Jan 2001 13:12:45 -0700

I am running Zope 2.1.6 and 2.2.3 under Solaris, and we are having some
stability problems.  With some previous posts from developers we seem to
think that it might be a custom product that we are using that contains
some c code.  We can't really be certain, although we are devising some
tests to examine that possibility.

However, since the Zope crashes every few hours, and no core file comes
out we are at a loss at how to get one.

We have tried increasing the ulimit in the startup script, but this
doesn't appear to generate a core.

Primarily Zope 2.2.3 and Solaris 2.6 (Patched to a couple of months
ago).

Help?

--
Michael Best
Systems Administrator           ph 780-413-6397 x230
#200, 11209 Jasper Avenue     toll 866-860-2666
Edmonton, Alberta, T5K 0L5