[Zope] Poor Procedural Programmer Needs OOPish Enlightenment

Geoffrey L. Wright geoff@northernwastes.org
03 Jan 2001 23:00:44 -0900

sean.upton@uniontrib.com writes:

> Not sure if this is your problem, but since methods don't have namespaces,
> I'm not sure why your code could not be reduced to:
>
> <dtml-if expr="id != 'edit'">
>  <dtml-var index.html>
> <dtml-else>
>  <dtml-var chunk_editFrameset>
> </dtml-if>

You're right -- this works just as well, and is much cleaner.  And I
figured out my problem while yanking out another unneeded reference to
PARENTS.  In my framset code I had a reference to PARENTS[1] (not
[0]!), so I was forcing Zope to look at the index.html method from the
namespace of the test_site folder.  DOH!

Zope is a funny thing -- it makes some things so much easier, but I
always find myself getting tangled up in stooopid namespace problems
of my own making.  I guess I'm just not used to thinking this way yet.

Many thanks for the assist.

> Sean

//glw