[Zope] Core Session Tracking kudos & namespaces

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 04 Jan 2001 09:57:00 +0000

Chris McDonough wrote:

> So the question becomes: do we want DTML namespace lookup magic or no DTML
> namespace lookup magic for names that we attempt to look up in a session
> data object?  I don't know the answer.  I'm so sick of magic at this point
> that I'm apt to vote "no", but if it affords us some provable real-world
> benefits, I could change this vote.  If someone would be kind enough to give
> me an example where having DTML namespace lookup magic for names out of a
> session data object would be very useful, I'd consider it carefully.

Well, if you want to get something from the session, but it might not be
there and you want to fall back to somethign that was submitted on the
form or, more likely, is a property of some other object and hence
acquirable.

Of course, the best solution would be for the 'magic' lookup to be
optional...

cheers,

Chris